Git vs. Subversion
The most widely used versioning tools are currently Git as a distributed system and Subversion® with its centralised repository approach.
In this workshop, the advantages and disadvantages of both tools are explained and compared. Find out more about the basic concepts and architecture of Subversion and/or Git. In addition to a theoretical introduction, there is also a lab manual with practical exercises for Subversion and Git.
- Architecture and functions of Git and Subversion
- Integration in the IT infrastructure (authentication, authorisation and backups) and the developer IDE
- Performance, reliability and availability
- Working with Git and Subversion
- Which tool best matches your own requirements?
- Possibilities for migrating existing repositories